These little morsels of goodness are from the I Quit Sugar Chocolate Cookbook and are possibly one of our favourite breakfast treats (yes, breakfast!) here in the I Quit Sugar office. Two of these with a cup of tea keep us going until lunch.
Keep a batch in the freezer and snack on a few when a chocolate craving hits. The protein powder gives these a wonderfully chewy texture and the way the ingredients naturally settle means the chia and rice malt syrup form a caramel-like base on the bottom, followed by a fudgy centre covered in chocolate.
Yep, seriously good stuff.
- 12.68 fl oz1 1/2 cup basic raw chocolate*.
- 6.34 fl oz3/4 cups vanilla protein powder.
- 4.23 fl oz1/2 cup chia seeds.
- 2.82 fl oz1/3 cup maca powder, optional (if not using macca powder add a little extra protein powder).
These fudgy protein bites are fructose free.
- Combine all ingredients and pour immediately into silicon moulds or cupcake cases (mini or standard) and place in the fridge or freezer to harden.
* Basic raw chocolate: Blend/mix 1 1/2 cups coconut oil, 1/2 cup raw cacao powder, 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup, 2 pinches sea salt until smooth/combined. Pour into moulds or onto a baking paper-lined plate and freeze/refrigerate.
- makes 25-30
If you like chocolate, you can find more tasty sugar-free cacao recipes here.
Have you tried one of these yet? Let us know the results.