- 1 cup almond meal.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (or gluten free flour of your choice).
- 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon.
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds.
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped.
- 2 carrots, grated.
- 2 zucchinis, grated.
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato or pumpkin.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted.
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup, optional.
- This recipe can be enjoyed savoury or sweet, it’s so versatile. Try a thick slice smothered in cottage cheese with a sprinkle of cinnamon, or a layer of nut butter, a drizzle of tahini, or a few slices of avocado. If you’d prefer it more savoury than sweet, omit the rice malt syrup and enjoy it topped with a poached egg.
1. Preheat oven to 180C / 350F/ Gas Mark 4. Grease a loaf pan (we used a medium loaf pan 240 x 132 x 63.5mm) and line with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix almond meal, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, chia seeds and walnuts until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine carrot, zucchini, sweet potato or pumpkin, eggs, oil and rice malt syrup.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and combine well.
5. Transfer to prepared loaf pan and cook in preheated oven for 60 - 90 minutes. The cooking time will vary so check it after an hour by inserting a skewer into the centre of the bread. If its comes out clean you're bread is ready.
6. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
We recommend Pureharvest rice malt syrup.