At the end of the day, I Quit Sugar is all about finding your food freedom.
By quitting sugar with the I Quit Sugar: 8-Week Program, you recalibrate your taste buds and reset your appetite.
This means you’re no longer a slave to those sweet cravings. You can listen to your body as it tells you what foods make you feel good. And what makes you feel sick.
1. When you quit sugar, you love your food.
- Eating food shouldn’t have to be an emotionally (or physically) taxing event.
- When you learn to cut out the sugary, processed crap, you also learn how to eat real food again. Real food that you and your body will love.
2. When you quit sugar, you don’t restrict. You eat in abundance.
- There’s no such thing as food restriction on the Program (nope, fructose is not a food in our books).
- We don’t count calories. We choose full-fat over low-fat every time. We leave each meal feeling satiated and nourished.
- All of our meal plans are developed by qualified nutritionists specifically to help keep your body supported while you wean yourself off the sweet stuff.
3. When you quit sugar, you JERF (just eat real food).
- Quitting sugar means going back to a grassroots way of eating.
- This means eating un-mucked-with produce that our great-grandparents would recognise as food (and yes, this includes fruit too).
- As Sarah says: “Quitting sugar gets us back to eating the way people did before the damn diets.”
4. When you quit sugar, you minimise your fructose intake.
The “sugar” in our name refers primarily to “fructose”. Why?
- Fructose is almost exclusively metabolised by our liver (while glucose can be metabolised by every cell in our body).
- Fructose promotes fat storage in and around the liver in the form of triglycerides. This can lead to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and insulin resistance.
- Fructose is also highly addictive – our brain doesn’t have the same “off switch” for fructose as it does with glucose
6. When you quit sugar, you become more educated and aware.
- As we all know, it’s impossible to unlearn something. The same goes when it comes to your health and well-being.
- Throughout our Progam and on our blog we strive to provide simple, delicious solutions to help you become more aware of the world of wellness. Especially when sneaky added sugar is involved!
Are you ready to transform your life and quit sugar for good?
Join us on our next 8-Week Program, starting April 6!