We are seeking a Junior Writer who will be responsible for planning, creating and optimising inspirational and compelling content that helps our readers become happier, healthier humans!
About the business…
I Quit Sugar is one of Australia’s leading health and wellness sites and we pride ourselves on continually disrupting and innovating within this unique digital space. Attracting up to 1 million visitors a month, we have a social media following to match and our community is growing… fast!
As well as running an 8-Week Program to help people ditch the sweet stuff for good, we write about the latest health news and wellness trends, ensuring we keep our audience up to date on the latest sugar science.
About the role…
Major roles and responsibilities:
- Brainstorm, develop and execute inspiring and compelling content for the IQS blog in order to help our readers find food freedom and their happiest, healthiest selves!
- Write 2–4 news and features articles a day for the IQS blog.
- Stay up to date with current health news, paying special attention to the latest in sugar research and studies.
- Work with our marketing team on content marketing posts to raise awareness for our IQS products in innovative ways.
- Work with our recipes team on content to highlight and showcase our simple, delicious, sugar-free recipes.
- Work with our Writer & Content Creator and Social on visual content as required, including GIF’s, videos and other visual concepts.
- Identify opportunities for testimonials and write compelling real life success stories, as required.
- Upload articles into CMS with a focus on accurate structure and SEO.
Knowledge and experience:
- Minimum 1–2 years experience as a writer in a digital, print or content marketing environment.
- Experience in developing various forms of written content, including news and features.
- Experience working proactively in a team, with both internal and external contributors or third parties.
- Bachelor degree in English, journalism or similar.
- You’ll be passionate about creating innovative, inspirational and creative content.
- You’ll have excellent writing skills with an eagle-eyed attention for detail, grammar, style, spelling, structure and presentation.
- You’ll have a sharp nose for news, understanding the type of content that makes people click.
- You’ll have the confidence to research, interview and structure a compelling feature article.
- You’ll have a good eye for what makes a strong image, infographic or GIF.
- You’ll be a self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once and a variety of deadlines.
- You’ll have a good knowledge of and passion for nutrition and current health and wellness trends.
- You’ll be familiar with Google Analytics and have experience in reporting and KPIs.
- You’ll have experience converting corporate, scientific and/or lengthy information into short, succinct lifestyle articles.
- You’ll have experience in CMS (preferably WordPress).
- You’ll have an understanding of and/or experience with writing for SEO.
Job benefits and perks!
- Based in Surry Hills, the digital hub of Sydney, IQS HQ is located near multiple public transport options as well as some of Sydney’s best coffee shops and eateries.
- You’ll be surrounded by a team of passionate, health-conscious creatives, who live and breathe the IQS values.
- You’ll experience the benefits of working with not one but TWO in house nutritionists and recipe developers – taste testing anyone?!
- Experience the pleasure of working within a business that conducts quarterly team building days aka compulsory fun.
- Experience working in an office with an in-house kitchen, bike racks, a rooftop terrace and a light airy space to enjoy, coming to work is an absolute pleasure.
- Due to the fact IQS partners with some amazing companies, there is always a stock of Remedy Kombucha on hand to replenish your thirst!
- We take a holistic approach to health – all staff have the benefit of attending fortnightly yoga classes on our rooftop terrace.
- You’ll enjoy working within a company that have policies in place ensuring work/life balance is achieved by all employees!
- You’ll have the opportunity to be rewarded for excellence by your peers at our monthly team awards!
- Work for a company founded by Sarah Wilson who has been recognised as a National Finalist for EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2017, as well as in the Top 100 BRW Fast Starter Australia Awards in 2014.
- And finally, IQS we love to celebrate – employee birthdays, company birthdays, you name it we celebrate it!
Does this sound like you?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Subject line: JUNIOR WRITER
- Your full resume.
- A short cover letter outlining why you’d be the perfect fit for this role.
Only individuals with the right to work in Australia will be considered. This role is full-time, based in Surry Hills, Sydney. We can’t wait to hear from you!