As I Quit Sugar continues to grow faster than you can cry “JERF!” (Just Eat Real Food), we’re on the hunt for a Senior Content Manager who will be manage the editorial team and work with PR, marketing, partnerships and social on internal and external content initiatives across multiple channels and formats. This is a senior position within the Content team, reporting to the CEO.
About the business and the role
I Quit Sugar is a fast growing health & wellness startup. Launched over three years ago as the brainchild of author and media personality Sarah Wilson, it’s grown from humble beginnings to become one of the leaders in the online health space.
Major duties and responsibilities
Content Strategy and production
- Implement current content and content marketing strategies to support short- and long-term business initiatives.
- Analyse data from all channels against business benchmarks and goals, and make content recommendations based on those results.
- Develop FY18 strategy for content and content marketing activities, based on the wider business goals and strategies.
- Work with teams across the business to ensure all content (including online, social media, email, mobile, video and print) is:
- on-brand and consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice
- adheres to best-practice editorial and publishing standards
- is optimised for SEO and user experience.
- Repurpose, repackage and atomise content for reuse across the business and third parties.
- Work with the wider team to maintain and grow the bank of third-party contributors.
- Manage digital book strategy, including:
- research and ideation
- developing content
- managing the design production process
- overall project management.
- Manage recipes team to help ensure all recipes across the programs, books and blog are:
- relevant to our target audience
- developed, tested and shot in a timely and cost-effective manner
- presented across all channels in a fresh, creative and audience-appropriate way.
- Work with marketing and PR to maximise opportunities with third-party content syndication, including creating and delivering content for other online and print publishers.
- Work with PR and partnerships team to develop ideas for and create partnership content.
- Support CS team in ensuring social channels are moderated in the most effective, customer-first, business-focused way.
- Ensure the content team adheres to best-practice standards, systems and processes for content creation, distribution, maintenance and repurposing.
- Look for opportunities to improve processes throughout the team and implement where required.
- Ensure the content team aligns and works with other teams across the business wherever required to deliver the best possible outcomes for the business.
- Inspire and motivate team to develop amazing, creative and effective content!
- Regularly review the content to ensure it remains the best it can be.
- Supervise staff:
- Monitor and review employee goal, objectives and KPIs.
- Monitor, evaluate and provide regular feedback on performance.
- Motivate and develop staff to maximise potential.
- Manage quality and quantity of employee and department productivity.
- Be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style for all departments.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years in a senior digital content creation/team lead role (publishing, journalism, etc.).
- Ability to create compelling messages for different target demographics and channels.
- Experience in developing various forms of written content, including news and features.
- Experience working with designers on visual content such as eBooks and infographics.
- Experience managing and collaborating with external contributors.
- Experience leading and inspiring a team of content creators to achieve company’s stated goals.
- Good knowledge of, and a passion for, nutritional philosophies and current wellness trends.
Formal education & certification
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Media or related communications field.
Essential Personal Attributes
- You’ll be passionate about creating compelling, informative, exciting and inspirational content in all forms.
- You’ll have excellent writing and editing skills with eagle-eyed attention to grammar, structure and presentation.
- You’ll attain a strong understanding of content marketing and native advertising strategy.
- You’ll have a sharp nose for news and an understanding of what makes a compelling feature article.
- You’ll have the ability to convert corporate, scientific and/or lengthy information into concise and compelling lifestyle content.
- You’ll have a good understanding of different content and communication strategies for different social channels.
- You’ll have an understanding of and experience in implementing SEO.
- You’ll be familiar with Google Analytics and experience in reporting and KPIs.
- You’ll have an innate eye for what makes a good image or design.
- You’ll be experienced in CMS.
- You’ll be an inspiring team leader.
- You’ll have a willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
Core Values of IQS
- Be solutions oriented.
- Be willing to experiment and learn from your experience. Be curious.
- Act quickly. React to new opportunities and maximise them.
- Get things done. Act on initiative and take ownership of projects and activities – go above and beyond for your team.
- Be able to stand back and see the bigger picture. Plan methodically and stay on task.
- Give a shit about your work, peers, customers and the overall business.
Job benefits and perks
Based in Surry Hills, the digital hub of Sydney, we’re a team of highly passionate, health-conscious folk who live the company values with an in-house kitchen, bike racks and a light airy space right next to killer coffee shops and eateries.
Email us at email@example.com and include:
- Subject line: SENIOR CONTENT MANAGER
- Your full resume.
- A short cover letter telling us why you’d be great for the role.
Only individuals with the right to work in Australia will be considered. This role is full time, based in Surry Hills, Sydney. We can’t wait to hear from you!