We are seeking a Writer & Content Creator who will be responsible for planning, creating and optimising inspirational and compelling content that helps our readers become happier, healthier humans!
About the business and the role
I Quit Sugar is a fast growing health & wellness startup. Launched over three years ago as the brainchild of author and media personality Sarah Wilson, it’s grown from humble beginnings to become one of the leaders in the online health space.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Generate exciting, inspirational and compelling ideas, themes and angles for content that helps our audience find their best wellness and become healthier, happier humans.
- Write two to three news and feature articles a day for the IQS blog.
- Work with the marketing team on content marketing posts that raise awareness of various IQS products in compelling and natural ways, to support our marketing campaigns.
- Work with the PR and partnership team to create engaging content for key brand partners.
- Actively seek opportunities to republish or re-work content from other credible health and wellness resources.
- Identify opportunities for testimonials and source and write compelling real success stories.
- Help ensure all content across the business is factually and grammatically correct and adheres to IQS tone, style and structure.
- Uncover inspiring and on-brand images, edit where required and maintain image library.
- Upload articles into CMS with a focus on accurate structure, SEO and tracking.
- Manage some creative elements of IQS website and blog homepage.
- Develop concepts for informative and creative infographics, and brief and work with designer to see it come to life.
- Work with social media and marketing on creative for GIFs and other memes.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum two years experience as a writer in a digital publishing or content marketing environment.
- Experience in developing various forms of written content, including news and features.
- Experience working with designers on visual content such as eBooks and infographics.
- Experience working efficiently and proactively in a team of internal and external contributors and third parties.
- Experience working with a social media team on content that resonates across Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
- Bachelor degree in English, journalism or similar.
- You’ll have a passion for creating compelling, informative, exciting and inspirational content in all its forms.
- You’ll attain excellent writing skills with eagle-eyed attention to grammar, style, structure and presentation.
- You’ll have a sharp nose for news and an understanding of what makes people click.
- You’ll have the ability to research, interview for, and structure a compelling feature article.
- You’ll have the ability to convert corporate, scientific and/or lengthy information into concise and compelling lifestyle content.
- You’ll have experience in CMS (preferably WordPress).
- You’ll have an innate eye for what makes a good image, infographic or GIF.
- You’ll have an understanding of writing for SEO.
- You’ll be a self-starter, who can work pro-actively and juggle multiple tasks.
- You’ll have good knowledge of, and a passion for, nutritional philosophies and current wellness trends.
- You’ll be familiar with Google Analytics and experience in reporting and KPIs.
Job benefits and perks
Based in Surry Hills, the digital hub of Sydney, we’re a team of highly passionate, health-conscious folk who live the company values with an in-house kitchen, bike racks and a light airy space right next to killer coffee shops and eateries.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Subject line: WRITER & CONTENT CREATOR
- Your full resume.
- A short cover letter telling us why you’d be great for the role.