This gluten-, wheat-, sugar-, yeast- and dairy-free butternut cookies recipe is perfect for sharing with friends - especially over the holidays when sweet treats are abundant!
- 150 g coconut flour.
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten free baking powder.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon granulated stevia, plus extra to dust.
- pinch sea salt.
- 200 g cashew butter.
- 4 organic eggs, lightly beaten.
- 2 1/2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk (try Lee's homemade version, in her book 'Supercharged Food').
- From book
- Supercharged Food, by Lee Holmes
- To make these butternut cookies, preheat the oven to 175ºC / 350ºF and grease a baking tray.
In a bowl, mix together the coconut flour, baking powder, stevia and salt. Warm the cashew butter slightly, then mix with the eggs, vanilla, coconut oil and coconut milk until smooth.
Add to the dry ingredients and mix well to form a dough.
Roll the dough out between two sheets of baking paper to a thickness of 6 -8 mm. Cut out shapes using your favourite cookie cutter, and place on the greased baking tray. These cookies won’t spread during baking.
Bake for 20 – 25 mins, or until cookies are crisp and golden. Leave them to cool on the tray a little before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with extra stevia if required. Cookies will keep in an airtight container for several days.
This sugar-free cookies recipe is a great one to have in your reportoire to whip up for when friends pop in.
- Recipe notes
- Child Friendly
- makes 24 cookies
- Prep time
- 10 minutes
- Cook time
- 25 minutes
- Total time
- 35 minutes