Are your silly season party invites piling up?
As we creep closer to the big day, no doubt you’ve got invites hitting you left, right and centre. But, before you get lost in a sea of sugary temptation, here’s how to survive your office Christmas party in style…
Steer clear of…
If your eyes light up when you see the food table at a party, we feel you! Nibbles can be the most dangerous of all – just one honey covered chicken wing, you say, before diving headfirst into the cake. Whoops! We’d keep those sticky fingers away from…
- Dipping sauces – they’re one of the sneakiest hiding places for the sweet stuff.
- In case you missed the memo, sushi is not only packed with sugar, but vegetable oils and processed crap too. No thanks.
- It’s safe to say anything with a glaze will just be condensed sugar, so we’d give those a miss too!
Instead, try these…
It is a party after all, so we want you to enjoy yourself! But, if you know it’s going to be a finger food fiesta, we’d recommend eating a nutrient-dense dinner before you put your party shoes on. This way, those hunger cravings won’t hit while the cake is staring you in the face! At the party, opt for…
- Cheese boards for some satiating healthy fats.
- Roasted nuts and olives, without the sugar coating!
- Grilled meats, minus the glaze or marinade, for a filling protein punch to keep hunger at bay.
What about the booze?
We thought you’d never ask! There’s almost always going to be booze at a festive shindig, and while going alcohol-free is definitely your best bet (not to mention, you’ll feel fresh in the morning too), if you are going to drink, here’s what you need to know…
- Red wine is our drink of choice because it’s both low in fructose and has a bunch of health benefits!
- White wine is all right, just try and opt for a dry white, like pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc.
- Sweet wines we’d give a miss. They’re PACKED with the sweet stuff.
- White spirits are a-okay, just make sure you’re mixing them with soda water and not a sugar-laden fizzy.
- Beer actually contains maltose (not fructose), which our bodies can digest just fine! So while they’re a great low-sugar option, just bear in mind one beer has the energy equivalent of a sausage roll.
- As for cider, sorry to say, we wouldn’t go there. This bad boy packs a sugary punch – one test found a whopping five teaspoons of sugar in a single serve. Ahh!
Sign up to our 8-Week Program and get your cravings under control before the silly season hits. But don’t worry, we’ll equip you with everything you need to make it through Christmas too!