This nostalgic dessert will take you back to your childhood - minus the sugar crash! It's quick and easy to make, plus it's loaded with flavour.
This recipe is from our NEW Budget Family Meals cookbook, which has over 40 exciting, affordable and nutritious recipes you and the whole family will enjoy. Get your copy HERE.
Choc Almond Slice
- ½ cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp (20ml) Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp (40ml) Sweetener of Choice (we used Rice Malt Syrup)
- ¼ cup Almond Flakes
- 1 cup Brown Rice Puffs
- Heat a saucepan with some water in it to the boil. Add the chocolate and coconut oil in a heat proof bowl and place on top of the saucepan, without the water touching the bowl. Heat until melted.
- Stir through almond butter and sweetener. Take off the heat. Stir through almond flakes and brown rice puffs until combined.
- Spoon into a loaf tin or container and leave to set in the fridge for at least one hour. Keep refrigerated.