With all-new budget-friendly, delicious and nutrient-loaded spring and autumn 8-Week Program menus coming out soon, we thought it was time to give you a sneak peek into what the food is really like. See for yourself how simple and fun it can be to ditch sugar and take your health back into your hands – here’s a sample of a day of eating on the program.
We make use of in-season produce, meal-prepping and planning to deliver the most cost-effective recipes that prioritise REAL, wholesome food packed with flavour – you won’t even realise it’s as good for your gut as it is for your taste buds! The best part? Each meal will only set you back a maximum of $5.50 per serve.
Take a look at a sample brekkie, lunch and dinner on the program.
Breakfast: Chilled Sweet Potato Porridge Bowl
Here on the 8-Week Program, we love making satiating, nourishing brekkies – if you join us, you’ll notice we even enjoy making more savoury and hearty meals first thing in the morning, from bakes and soups to veggie loafs. This creamy porridge is one of our tasty brekkies, and it’s got everything a good meal should have – it’s comforting, soothing and loaded with sweet potato for a good dose of vitamins and slow-release energy, not to mention the healthy fats and protein you’ll find in this brekkie. Take a look at some of the ingredients you’ll be using to make this:
- Fragrant cinnamon – this stuff is great for helping maintain healthy blood-sugar levels and reducing those cravings!
- Creamy coconut milk – for a good dose of gut-boosting, satiating healthy fats.
- Almond butter – for skin-boosting vitamin E, plus those B vitamins, protein and more healthy fats.
- Hearty sweet potato – the ingredient that brings it all together!
Why we love it: Our brekkies are nutrient-dense, satisfying and, most importantly, affordable.
Lunch: Greek San Choy Bau
We loved combining unexpected flavour duos and linking cuisines – and we’ve come upon a winner with this Greek San Choy Bau. A humble blend of Hong Kong and Greek cuisine brings you this fun lunch – if you’ve got kids, you can all enjoy wrapping these up and adding all your favourite toppings. It’s a tasty and simple meal – minus the sugar crash, of course!
Here are a few of the fun ingredients we’ve loaded into this meal:
- Fragrant paprika
- Tasty cumin
- Fresh eggplant
- Homemade meatballs
- Creamy tzatziki
All of this for less than $5.50 per serve!
Dinner: Spring Pea Pasta Salad
We’ve united all the classic flavours of spring for this delicious pasta salad
- Zesty, refreshing lemon
- Frozen peas – for added convenience and reduced cost
- Parmesan for a flavour kick!
But it’s not all savoury stuff! On the program, you’ll have access to a litany of delicious desserts – from cheesecakes to mousse and trifle – and of course, tasty snacks to get you through those afternoon slumps! Take a look at some of our favourite snacks on the program:
- Bliss balls
- All your favourite dips, from hummus to tzatziki!
- Coconut slices
- Spiced chickpeas
- An IQS rendition of the classic wagon wheel
Take a look at a sample week in the life of an omni-eating 8-week programmer:
If you’re a vegetarian, we’ve got you covered too. Here’s a sample week of eating with us:
You’ll notice our 8-Week Program members enjoy a Sunday cook-up at the start of the week – this enables them to prepare delicious meals and ingredients in advance to be used throughout the week. Not only does it cut down on cost, but it increases convenience too – after all, who isn’t strapped for time with work, family and health commitments? Here are a few of the techniques we incorporate into our weeks to make the most of our dollar:
- Freezing ingredients to be used in advance like chickpeas, quinoa and meatballs
- Making extra for dinner to be used for tomorrow’s lunch – two birds, one stone!
- Making use of the same ingredients over multiple meals
Keen to ditch a stubborn sugar habit while enjoying delicious food? We're here to help. Join us for the 8-Week Program where we’ll be quitting sugar and turning our health dreams into a reality. When you sign up with us, you’ll have access to clear-cut meal plans, community support and exclusive access to our sugar-free content. Here’s what’s on offer:
- 8 weeks of meal plans and shopping lists.
- 90+ member-only recipes.
- Community forums to share your journey.
- Support and guidance from the I Quit Sugar team.
- Exclusive content from our panel of experts.
So, if you’re ready to ditch sugar and the host of maladies that come with it, it’s not too late to JOIN NOW!