Mother’s Day brunch is fast becoming the celebration of choice for this festive day – but it can be hard to know what to make. It’s not breakfast, it’s not lunch! That’s where we come in – we’ll be sharing 3 delicious meals that have that certain “brunch-ness” about them. And the best part? They’re as good for your health as they are for your taste buds; nothing but REAL ingredients.
Garlic Bread Muffins
Is your mum a fan of the classic Italian garlic bread? She’ll appreciate the IQS-ified take on an old favourite – it’s got all the herby flavours we associate with the dish, minus the added sugars, excess salt and preservatives. Get the full recipe HERE.
- Dry Ingredients:
- 60 g butter, melted, plus more for greasing.
- 125 ml milk.
- 50 g Cheddar cheese, grated.
- 1 small (100g) carrot, finely grated with extra moisture squeezed out.
- 1 small (100g) zucchini, finely grated with extra moisture squeezed out.
- 2 cups self-raising flour.
- 50 g butter, at room temperature.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- 80 g Cheddar cheese, cut into 2cm squares.
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4 and grease 10 holes of a 12-hole muffin pan with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together butter, eggs and milk. Add in cheese, carrot, zucchini and a generous seasoning of salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Add in the flour and stir together until you form a smooth, thick batter. Set aside.
- Make stuffing by mashing garlic and butter together.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of batter into each muffin hole. Place on a slice of cheese and a teaspoon of garlic butter. Top the rest of the muffins up with the remaining batter. Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Cool for a couple of minutes in the tin before turning onto a wire rack. Pull apart to see the cheesy garlic filling.
Thai Burgers with Coriander Slaw
These Thai-inspired burgers make for the perfect brunch - loaded with nutrients and healthy fats to keep you energised through the day, you can't go wrong with these delicious burgers! Find the full recipe HERE.
- Chicken Patties:
- 500 g chicken mince
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cm fresh ginger, minced
- 1 bunch coriander, stems finely chopped and leaves reserved for slaw
- 1/2 large red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil, for frying
- Coriander Slaw:
- 2 tablespoons full-fat mayonnaise
- 1 head of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- To serve:
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to season
- 4 sourdough buns
- 8 cos lettuce leaves
- To make the chicken patties, combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Shape into 4 equal sized patties.
- Add olive oil to a large fry pan on medium heat. Add in the chicken patties and cook for about 8 minutes on the first side and another 5 minutes on the second, or until cooked through. Once cooked, set aside.
- To make the coriander slaw, add all ingredients into a small bowl and mix together until just combined.
- Mash the avocado, lime juice and salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Now to assemble the burger: Layer cos lettuce leaves on the burger bun bases, then place on the chicken patty, dollop with avocado mash, followed by the coriander slaw and then the sourdough bun top. Serve.
Coconut Prawn Caesar Salad
This is the perfect light brunch that won’t spoil your appetite for lunch! It’s so easy to make, but so impressive. Get the full recipe HERE.
- Coconut Prawns
- 1 kg prawns, peeled with tails left on
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 eggs, whisked
- coconut oil, for frying
- 4 eggs
- 200 g bacon
- 2 baby cos lettuce
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted and roughly torn
- Caesar Dressing
- 2 anchovies, finely chopped
- 250 g full-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Place whisked eggs in one bowl and the shredded coconut in the other. Dip each prawn into the egg and then into the shredded coconut
- Heat a frying pan over high heat. Melt enough coconut oil in the pan until it coats the bottom by 0.5cm. Add in the prawns and cook for 2 minutes each side until crispy and golden. Remove and place onto a paper towel-lined plate until ready to serve.
- Fill a medium-sized saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add in eggs and cook for 6 minutes and 30 seconds. Plunge into cold water, peel and cut eggs in half.
- Meanwhile, place the frying pan back over high heat. Add in bacon and cook for 2 minutes each side until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To make Caesar Dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Place pan back over medium heat. Add prawns into the pan with the bacon fat and cook for 2–3 minutes on each side.
- Serve lettuce, avocado, bacon, eggs, prawns and Parmesan between four bowls. Stir Caesar Dressing through the salad.
Don't forget, you can enjoy up to a whopping 70% off as a part of our Mother’s Day Promotion! This includes cookbooks and our range of eco-friendly household and lifestyle products.
Whether you’re looking to eat healthier or fight off a sugar addiction, we’re here to help. Join us for the 8-Week Program and we’ll help you change the way you look at food – and that doesn’t mean you have to follow restrictive diets or miss out on your favourite foods; we believe you can still enjoy delicious food without jeopardising your health. You might even consider gifting your mum with the program! With celebrity chef Sarah Glover on our panel of experts, you’ll have an array of fun recipes at your fingertips, along with our own exclusive armoury of simple, tasty and healthy recipes for everything from daily meals to impressive entertaining. We know it can be hard to stick to your health goals – especially when you’re trying to manage it alone. When you sign up with us, you’ll have access to clear-cut meal plans, community support and exclusive access to our sugar-free content. Here’s what’s on offer:
- 8 weeks of meal plans and shopping lists.
- 90+ member-only recipes.
- Community forums to share your journey.
- Support and guidance from the I Quit Sugar team.
- Exclusive content from our panel of experts.
So, if you’re ready to ditch sugar and the host of maladies that come with it, it’s not too late to join. We’d love to help you get started on your health journey. Sign up HERE today!