Coconut Prawn Caesar Salad
- Coconut Prawns
- 1 kg prawns, peeled with tails left on
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 eggs, whisked
- coconut oil, for frying
- 4 eggs
- 200 g bacon
- 2 baby cos lettuce
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted and roughly torn
- Caesar Dressing
- 2 anchovies, finely chopped
- 250 g full-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Place whisked eggs in one bowl and the shredded coconut in the other. Dip each prawn into the egg and then into the shredded coconut
Heat a frying pan over high heat. Melt enough coconut oil in the pan until it coats the bottom by 0.5cm. Add in the prawns and cook for 2 minutes each side until crispy and golden. Remove and place onto a paper towel-lined plate until ready to serve.
Fill a medium-sized saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add in eggs and cook for 6 minutes and 30 seconds. Plunge into cold water, peel and cut eggs in half.
Meanwhile, place the frying pan back over high heat. Add in bacon and cook for 2 minutes each side until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
To make Caesar Dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Place pan back over medium heat. Add prawns into the pan with the bacon fat and cook for 2–3 minutes on each side.
Serve lettuce, avocado, bacon, eggs, prawns and Parmesan between four bowls. Stir Caesar Dressing through the salad.