Is it really Mother’s Day if you don’t serve your mum brekkie in bed? If you’re looking for a way to combine taste with nutrition, we’re got you covered. These 3 tasty recipes are not only delicious, but they’re good for your mum too. Win, win!
We believe the key elements to a successful breakfast in bed include delicious food, immaculate presentation and nourishing ingredients – and the IQS recipes we’ve compiled for you just so happen to meet the mark for all three!
Healthy Chocolate Pancakes
Pancakes are the ultimate breakfast food – especially for special occasions! But you’ll find most of the usual recipes have a little too much sugar crammed in. That’s where we come in! This IQS-ified version of pancakes is loaded with flavour, has a perfectly fluffy texture, and is actually packed with nutritious ingredients. Two birds, one stone. Check out the full recipe HERE.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk of your choice (full-fat, almond, oat, rice)
- 3/4 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Butter or coconut oil, for frying
- To Serve:
- 50 g dark chocolate, melted
- 100 g strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Place eggs and milk in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together.
- Add almond meal, buckwheat flour, cacao and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Stir mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Heat a large frypan over low-medium heat. Grease the pan with a little butter and add in ¼ cup of mixture per pancake. Cook for 2–3 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip and cook for another one minute.
- Place pancakes onto an ovenproof dish and place into an oven on 140°C/275°F/Gas Mark 1 to stay warm while you cook the remaining pancakes.
- Serve pancakes with your choice of toppings.
Cheat’s Poached Eggs and Hollandaise Kefir
Wow your mum with these impressive, restaurant-quality eggs – and the best part? They’re so easy to make. Check out the full IQS recipe HERE.
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup silverbeet leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon seeds of your choice, we like pumpkin and sesame
- Kefir Hollandaise:
- 60 ml coconut kefir, store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients for Kefir Hollandaise in a small bowl and set aside. This can be done in a small food processor or by hand.
- Bring a medium pan of water (about 4cm high) to a rolling simmer. Stir in apple cider vinegar. Crack your eggs into two small ramekins or bowls. Using a spoon, swirl the water around to shallow pan to create a whirlpool in the middle. Gently lower the eggs, one by one, into the middle of the whirlpool. Set your timer and leave to simmer for 4 minutes. Reduce the heat slightly if the water is boiling too vigorously or foaming too much. Gently remove eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Drain the pan of the water and wipe dry. Place back over the heat and add in the olive oil. Add in silverbeet and peas and sauté for 2 minutes, or until silverbeet stems are tender.
- Stack sautéed greens with poached eggs, drizzle with the Kefir Hollandaise and serve sprinkled with seeds.
Banana Bread Breakfast Muggin
Sometimes, keeping it simple is the best option. This mugging is so quick to make, but it’s so delicious and is sure to make your mum smile. Find the full recipe HERE.
- 1/2banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Mash banana in the mug and stir in almond milk until combined. Add in almond meal, cinnamon and baking powder and stir until just combined, do not over mix. Microwave on high for 2 minutes and top with any nuts on hand - we added walnuts and a dollop of yoghurt for a complete brekkie.
Don't forget, you can enjoy up to a whopping 70% off as a part of our Mother’s Day Promotion! This includes cookbooks and our range of eco-friendly household and lifestyle products.
Whether you’re looking to eat healthier or fight off a sugar addiction, we’re here to help. Join us for the 8-Week Program and we’ll help you change the way you look at food – and that doesn’t mean you have to follow restrictive diets or miss out on your favourite foods; we believe you can still enjoy delicious food without jeopardising your health. You might even consider gifting your mum with the program! With celebrity chef Sarah Glover on our panel of experts, you’ll have an array of fun recipes at your fingertips, along with our own exclusive armoury of simple, tasty and healthy recipes for everything from daily meals to impressive entertaining. We know it can be hard to stick to your health goals – especially when you’re trying to manage it alone. When you sign up with us, you’ll have access to clear-cut meal plans, community support and exclusive access to our sugar-free content. Here’s what’s on offer:
- 8 weeks of meal plans and shopping lists.
- 90+ member-only recipes.
- Community forums to share your journey.
- Support and guidance from the I Quit Sugar team.
- Exclusive content from our panel of experts.
So, if you’re ready to ditch sugar and the host of maladies that come with it, it’s not too late to join. We’d love to help you get started on your health journey. Sign up HERE today!