It’s time to get excited for our January 8-Week Program – we’re dropping all-new recipes, and with a diverse range of renowned experts in naturopathy, nutrition and wellbeing, along with a community to share your progress with, there’s never been a better time to take back control of your health. Here’s your first look into 3 of the program’s recipes we’ll be releasing in the new year.
Kicking off in January with experts like naturopath Tahlia Swartz and nutritionist Sydney Greene, this 8-Week Program is one you won’t want to miss. We’ve also got powerhouse chef Sarah Glover with her exciting Sunday cook-ups and exclusive recipes, along with Kelly Corbishley, a yoga guru keen to guide you through the vital elements of exercise and stress relief that come with combatting sugar addiction. So, start the year of right with good food and health-forward choices that will stay with you long after you’ve graduated from the program. What better way to set the tone for a year of wholesome living than by joining the program? In the spirit of renewal and self-care, January brings a bouquet of all-new recipes designed to infuse your journey with flavour, excitement, and a touch of culinary adventure, with the following guaranteed:
- Nourishing, delicious meals
- Gut-boosting ingredients
- Exercises to boost mood and combat cravings
- Step-by-step yoga flows
- Community and expert support
- NEW recipes packed with nutrients and flavour
Here at I Quit Sugar, we’re not about deprivation – we believe in enjoying real, whole foods and combining powerful flavours using spices, healthy fats and produce from all the colours of the rainbow to bring you dishes like our curries, falafel and even muffins! Join us as we delve into a program crafted to make healthy living not only a resolution but a joyful exploration. The January edition of the 8-Week Program isn't just a commitment; it's an invitation to make healthy fun, redefine your relationship with food and decide what you want your future to look like. Take a sneak peek into 3 of the delicious, all new recipes you’ll find in the upcoming 8-Week Program.
Kale Curry Puffs
These delicious curry puffs aren’t your typical fast-food fare – instead of hydrogenated oils and preservative-laden pastry, we’re using healthy fats, sugar-free pastry and anti-inflammatory spices like turmeric. But the surprising ingredient here is the kale – it adds an unexpected element of freshness and crunch, not to mention the gut-boosting benefits.
- 2 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 small brown onion finely diced
- ¼ small cauliflower finely diced
- 2 cups kale, fresh de-stemmed and finely shredded
- ¼ cup green peas, frozen
- 1 medium free-range egg whisked
- 1 medium garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric, ground
- 2 sheet puff pastry defrosted (ensure your brand is free from added sugars)
- ½ medium avocado mashed
- 2 tbsp full-fat natural or Greek yoghurt
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 2 cups mixed salad leaves
- 50 g snow peas ends trimmed
- ½ medium lemon juiced
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan on low-medium heat. Add onion and cauliflower and cook for 7 minutes until softened. Add kale, peas, half of the whisked egg, garlic and spices. Cook for another minute or until fragrant and egg has cooked through. Remove from the heat.
- Cut each sheet of pastry into 4 squares. Fill each one with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of mixture. Then fold the edges into each other to form a triangle. Press down on the edges to seal. Continue with the remaining puffs.
- Brush the tops of the puffs with the remaining whisked egg. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, make Dipping Sauce by combining avocado and yoghurt. Set aside.
- To make the Salad toss all ingredients together.
- Once cooked, divide curry puffs, avocado mixture and salad between a plate for dinner and a container for lunch tomorrow.
Spiced Portobello “Steak” Burgers
Not a meat eater? That’s completely fine – here at I Quit Sugar, we can accommodate a range of dietary requirements, from vegetarian to gluten-free. This Portobello Mushroom Steak Burger is a delightful blend of smoky flavours and textures, making it a satisfying option for a hearty meal. Enjoy the deliciousness of a burger without the meat but with all the goodness of grilled portobello mushrooms and haloumi.
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp ground smoked paprika
- Olive oil for brushing
- Burger Fillings:
- 2 medium sourdough bread rolls, sliced in half
- 1⁄2 medium avocado, mashed
- 2 cups iceberg, cos, or butter lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 1 small zucchini, peeled into ribbons with a vegetable peeler (grill these with the mushrooms)
- 250 g haloumi cheese, sliced into 0.5 cm strips
- Yoghurt Sauce:
- 1⁄2 tsp ground smoked paprika
- 1⁄3 cup full-fat natural or Greek yoghurt
- Olive oil for grilling and brushing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix the thyme leaves, minced garlic, and smoked paprika.
- Brush the portobello mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle the thyme-garlic-paprika mixture on both sides. Set aside to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat a grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Grill the marinated portobello mushrooms for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until they are tender and have grill marks. While grilling the mushrooms, place the zucchini ribbons on the grill for 1-2 minutes on each side until they are lightly charred. Remove and set aside.
- Grill the haloumi strips for about 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and slightly crispy.
- In a small bowl, mix the smoked paprika with yoghurt. Set aside.
- Toast the sourdough bread rolls on the grill or in a toaster if desired. Spread mashed avocado on the bottom half of each roll.
- Layer with grilled portobello mushrooms, smoked paprika haloumi, grilled zucchini ribbons, sliced red onion, and lettuce leaves.
- Top with the other half of the toasted roll. Secure the burgers with toothpicks if needed. Serve one burger on a plate for today, and save your second burger in a sealed container for later in the week. (Yep, we’re all about meal prepping for extra convenience on the 8-Week Program!)
Grilled Chicken on Pesto Lentil Salad
Complementing this protein powerhouse is a robust Pesto Lentil Salad, where earthy lentils are tossed in a basil-infused pesto, creating a melody of flavours that dance on your palate – this will become a fast favourite.
- 2 small chicken breasts
- 200g can Lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup baby Spinach, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/3 cup Pesto (good quality store bought or recipe in the program)
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Basil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts
- 1/3 cup (85ml) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat with a dash of olive oil.
- Add your chicken breasts and cook for 5-6 minutes each side or until completely cooked through. Put aside.
- In a large bowl, add pesto, baby spinach, carrot, salt, pepper and lentils Spoon half the lentil salad onto a plate for now and the other half in a container for later.
- Place a chicken breast on each.
Sounds good, right? Well, there’s more where that came from! Join us for the 8-Week Program and we’ll help you change the way you look at food – and that doesn’t mean you have to follow restrictive diets or miss out on your favourite foods; we believe you can still enjoy delicious food without jeopardising your health. With celebrity chef Sarah Glover on our panel of experts, you’ll have an array of fun recipes at your fingertips, along with our own exclusive armoury of simple, tasty and healthy recipes for everything from daily meals to impressive entertaining. We know it can be hard to stick to your health goals – especially when you’re trying to manage it alone. When you sign up with us, you’ll have access to clear-cut meal plans, community support and exclusive access to our sugar-free content. Here’s what’s on offer:
- 8 weeks of meal plans and shopping lists.
- 90+ member-only recipes.
- Community forums to share your journey.
- Support and guidance from the I Quit Sugar team.
- Exclusive content from our panel of experts.
So, if you’re ready to ditch sugar and the host of maladies that come with it, it’s not too late to join. We’d love to help you get started on your health journey. Sign up HERE today!