Here at IQS, the team has been working on an exciting new 21-day Gut Rebalance Program that’s all about healing and nourishing your gut. Sounds good, right? That’s why we’ve decided to share 3 delicious recipes to give you a little taste of what’s to come.
Our newest program is packed to the brim with healing recipe, from homemade kimchi and soothing bone broths to smoothie bowls and ramen, there's not a stone left unturned! After all, your gut microbiome is pivotal to everything from your mental health to your skin, blood and brain health. In recent years, scientific research has uncovered how poor dietary choices, stress, environmental toxins and the overuse of medications can disturb the delicate balance of our microbiome. In our program, we’ll equip you with all the essential tools for understanding, healing and maintaining gut health. We’ve got a litany of valuable insights and practical strategies to make the process simple and fun – yep, you might just find yourself excited to start each day of delicious meals! Whether you're struggling with chronic digestive problems, seeking to boost your immune system, or simply want to enhance your overall wellness, the Gut Rebalance Program is for you. Even just a few days can have you feeling brighter, happier and more energetic, and after 3 weeks, your gut microbiome will have had the optimal chance to flourish with good bacteria – here’s what this can do for your whole body:
- Improve skin health: You’ll likely experience a reduction in acne breakouts and slow down the ageing of your skin. Note that sugar and trans fats have the opposite effects – so if you’ve noticed your skin is dry and unhealthy, it could be your diet.
- Boost your immunity: Gut health plays an important role in our immune system, helping us fight off infection.
- Reduce constipation: Struggling with feeling blocked up? If your diet has consisted of high-sugar, ultra-processed foods, this may be why. This is because these foods are void of fibre and nutrients. Our program is loaded with gut-boosting whole foods, not to mention the probiotic-rich fermented foods that will give your gut a chance to heal.
- Improve mood: Feeling sluggish and moody? Unbalanced blood-sugars can often leave us this way – that’s why this plan has balancing ingredients to get your hormones back in order.
Curious to see what’s in store? Take a look at 3 of our favourite recipes included in the program.
Mexican Sweet Potato Boats
Sweet potato, chicken and fragrant spices come together in this recipe to provide a powerful gut-healing combo – with fibre, antioxidants and heathy fats, you’ve got the perfect recipe for good digestion.
- 2 large sweet potatoes or 4 small ones, halved
- 3 chicken thighs, sliced into strips
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- juice from half a lime, plus extra to serve
- 4 cups baby spinach or kale, stalks removed, roughly chopped
- 4 cups Steamed Greens, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Prick the centre of potatoes and place them on a baking tray. Cook in the oven for 1 hour or until the skin has collapsed and the potato is soft. Scoop out some of the fresh from the centre of the potato (reserve for a mash).
- Meanwhile coat chicken thighs in spices. Heat coconut oil in a fry pan. Cook chicken for 5 -7 minutes or until cooked through. Season with salt, pepper and lime juice. Add spinach/ kale to the pan and continue cooking until wilted.
- Divide mixture between each hollowed out sweet potato. Return to the oven to heat through or serve as is with Steamed Greens.
This hearty dahl is loaded with antioxidant and fibre-rich pumpkin to boost your gut, along with healthy fats from coconut oil and the powerhouse herbs and spices known to improve blood-sugar levels. Oh, and did we mention it’s delicious and so simple to make?
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small (150g) red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup coriander stem, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 cup dry brown lentils
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 medium (150g each) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup kale leaves, de-stemmed and finely chopped
- 5 cups cooked pumpkin, pureed
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add coriander stems, ginger, garlic and spices. Cook stirring until fragrant.
- Add lentils, stock and tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes until lentils are soft. Remove from heat and stir through kale and Pumpkin + Sweet Potato Puree, until combined and the kale has wilted.
- Divide the dahl between a bowl and a container. Place container in the fridge for lunch tomorrow.
- Serve with coriander leaves and rice.
Coconutty Chia Pudding
Craving something creamy and comforting for brekkie? This indulgent chia pudding is loaded with healthy fats and fibre-rich chia seeds for optimal gut health.
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk, canned (full-fat)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Chopped almonds, to serve
- In a bowl, combine the chia seeds, coconut milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Stir well to ensure the chia seeds are evenly distributed.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes, then stir again to prevent clumping.
- Divide the mixture into two small glasses or cups and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours, or overnight. This allows the chia seeds to absorb the liquid and create a pudding-like consistency.
- After the pudding has set, give it a good stir to break up any clumps that may have formed.
- Serve the chia seed pudding in individual bowls or jars and top with your almonds. You may also wish to add any other toppings you desire.
Sounds good, right? Join us for a whole lot more where that came from! We’ll help you change the way you look at food – and that doesn’t mean you have to follow restrictive diets or miss out on your favourite foods; we believe you can still enjoy delicious food while nourishing your gut. With a panel of experts and exciting content, you’ll have an array of fun recipes at your fingertips, along with our own exclusive armoury of simple, tasty and healthy recipes for everything from daily meals to impressive entertaining. We know it can be hard to stick to your health goals – especially when you’re trying to manage it alone. When you sign up with us, you’ll have access to clear-cut meal plans, community support and exclusive access to our sugar-free content.
So, if you’re ready to put your gut first, we’d love to help you get started on your health journey. Sign up for the Gut Rebalance Program HERE today!