With the warmer months on the way, loaded salads are a satiating, nutritious and refreshing option to keep you cool and energised. Straight from our Anti-Anxiety eBook, you’ll have the added benefit of calming ingredients, ideal for winding down after a stressful day.
Green Crunch Chickpea Salad
- 2 cups finely shredded kale
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- One 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Place the kale, cabbage, cucumber, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the dressing on the salad, season to taste with salt and pepper, and toss well to combine. Set aside to let the flavours develop.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet on a medium heat. Add the chickpeas and pan-fry for 8 to 10 minutes, until crispy.
- Add the chickpeas to the salad and toss to combine.
- Place half the salad in a bowl for tonight’s dinner and store the rest in an airtight container for tomorrow’s lunch.
Leave a comment (all fields required)