- 1kg beef-stewing meat, cut into 2cm cubes
- 4 carrots, cut into 2cm chunks (or 4 red potatoes)
- 2 medium green capsicums, deseeded and cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and quartered (approx. ½ can diced tomatoes)
- 1 ½ tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated stevia, optional
- 1 cup beef stock
Place beef in base of slow-cooker insert. Cover with carrots, capsicum, onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, spices and pepper, salt and stevia.
Pour over the stock and stir to combine. Cover and cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.