Claire's No Bake Paddlepop Bundt Cake
Bundt cakes are synonymous with Easter - but they don't have to be synonymous with sugar! Here's our fun rendition of this classic.
- 250g cream cheese, full-fat, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia, granulated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons cashew butter
1/2 cup Organic Rice Malt Syrup
- 4 tablespoons yogurt, full-fat
- 350ml cream, heavy
- 4 tablespoons Gelatin powder
- Pink: 1 teaspoon beetroot powder
- Yellow: 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Green: 1 teaspoon matcha tea powder
70g 85–90% dark chocolate
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup puffed brown rice (or puffed quinoa)
- 1/2 tablespoon gelatin powder
Lightly oil base and sides of bundt tin with coconut oil and set aside. To prepare the Creamy Filling, add the cream cheese, stevia powder, vanilla and a pinch of sea salt to a large bowl and mix with an electric hand-beater until smooth. Add the cashew butter, rice malt syrup, yogurt and heavy cream, and mix well.
- Gradually add the gelatin and beat mixture until fluffy and thick, and peaks begin to form.
- Divide the Creamy Filling mixture into three separate small bowls, one for each for the layers. Add pink colouring in one bowl, yellow in the second bowl and green in the third bowl, and mix well until a pastel hue.
- Layer the coloured Creamy Filling one at a time into the bundt tin – pink first, then yellow, then green. Spread each layer evenly. Tap the tin on the bench top to prevent air bubbles and place in the fridge.
- To prepare the Nutty Base, melt the chocolate, coconut oil and peppermint oil in saucepan over a low heat. Pour into a mixing bowl and add the almonds and puffed rice.
- Mix until the puffs are covered. Sprinkle the gelatin into the bowl and stir well. Let the mix cool to room temperature.
- Spoon the Base on top of the Filling by pressing evenly into the top of the pan.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- To serve, invert the tin and carefully wiggle the cake out onto a serving dish.